FieldMonitor turns your iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod touch® into a wireless picture monitor / waveform monitor / vectorscope / histogram, using a compatible Panasonic™ Lumix™ camera or a Teradek™ Cube™, Clip™, or VidiU™ transmitter as the video source. See exactly what your camera is doing, without tethering your camera—or yourself—to a hardwired monitor and set of ’scopes.
- Full-screen monitoring of your signal, with or without engineering ’scopes—or you can choose a quad-split view to see pix and ’scopes at the same time.
- A full range of onscreen markers: frameline and mask with adjustable safe areas and aspect ratios; several grids, center markers, and a customizable crosshair.
- Use 3D LUTs to view camera images: use the built-in VLog-to-V709 LUT or import your own .cube LUTs.
- With modern iDevices, you can also see a fully-adjustable false-color overlay for direct exposure verification.
- H and V Image Flip.
- Anamorphic desqueeze support for 1.33x, 1.5x, and 2.0x lenses.
- With a compatible camera you also get start/stop, exposure, color balance, and focus adjustments, so you can maintain essential control even while recording.*
- It doesn’t matter whether your camera is handheld or on a gimbal, a jib, a Steadicam, or a drone. It can be right next to you, in the next room, or out in left field (literally). If you have a Wi-Fi connection, you can watch your levels, look for clipping, and monitor your color. You can know what your camera is doing, while it's doing it—without needing to run a hardwired cable.
FieldMonitor has been proven to work with the following Panasonic cameras:
a focus-area rectangle (if the camera’s focus mode allows).
Display one or three ’scopes and set up how they should appear.
There are frameline, mask, grid, center, and custom markers, too.
Anamorphic support? Sure! Pick your lens and your final aspect ratio.
The 4-way display lets you see all the ’scopes alongside picture.
Many Panasonic cameras offer a peaking control
(in STBY mode only, alas).
You can magnify the focus area as both picture-in-picture...
...and as a full-screen image.
Use a LUT to properly view log images or to apply a look (camera sources only):
Here's a quick 'n' dirty demo of version 3.0.
See also Newsshooter.com's 2½ minute video on Wi-Fi WFM (FieldMonitor's predecessor) from Cine Gear Expo 2016.
* FieldMonitor provides a limited set of controls intended to supplement or replace on-camera adjustments while recording under Wi-Fi control. It does not replace Panasonic’s own Image App for comprehensive remote control, configuration, or playback.
FieldMonitor has been developed using GH5, GH4, and LX100 cameras. Compatibility with other cameras is not guaranteed, but as every contemporary Lumix camera tested so far works well, it is likely that most Lumix cameras will work, too.
Your iDevice is a wireless video / engineering monitor with FieldMonitor
iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
FieldMonitor is an independently-developed app, not a product of Panasonic or Teradek. Neither Panasonic nor Teradek is responsible for FieldMonitor’s performance, suitability, or fitness for purpose. Panasonic, GH5, GH4, GX7, and LX100 are trademarks of Panasonic. Teradek, Cube, Clip, VidiU, and Bolt are trademarks of Teradek, a Vitec Group Brand.
© 2017 Adam J. Wilt. Last updated 2017.07.05