FieldMonitor turns your iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod touch® into a wireless picture monitor / waveform monitor / vectorscope / histogram, using a Panasonic™ GH5, GH4, or LX100 camera or a Teradek™ Cube™, Clip™, or VidiU™ transmitter as the video source. See exactly what your camera is doing, without tethering your camera—or yourself—to a hardwired monitor and set of ’scopes.
Take your pick: Teradek H.264 transmitter or Panasonic GH4, GH5, or LX100.
Anamorphic desqueeze? Of course! Basic camera controls, too.
- Full-screen monitoring of your signal, with or without engineering ’scopes—or you can choose a quad-split view to see pix and ’scopes at the same time.
- With modern iDevices, you can also see a fully-adjustable false-color overlay for direct exposure verification.
- Anamorphic desqueeze support for 1.33x, 1.5x, and 2.0x lenses.
- With a compatible camera—GH5, GH4, or LX100—you also get start/stop, exposure, color balance, and focus adjustments, so you can maintain essential control even while recording.*
- It doesn’t matter whether your camera is handheld or on a gimbal, a jib, a Steadicam, or a drone. It can be right next to you, in the next room, or out in left field (literally). If you have a Wi-Fi connection, you can watch your levels, look for clipping, and monitor your color. You can know what your camera is doing, while it's doing it—without needing to run a hardwired signal cable.
Position the focus area by dragging the rectangle
Zoom in with the camera’s own magnification function.
See all the ’scopes, one ’scope, or none at all.
False-color, too; see the Wi-Fi WFM page.
Display controls: set up screen layout and ’scope types.
Desqueeze: view anamorphic images naturally.
Levels lets you preview a Panasonic's exposure values when not recording (it's complicated).
Newsshooter.com's 2½ minute video on Wi-Fi WFM (FieldMonitor's predecessor) from Cine Gear Expo 2016.
* FieldMonitor provides a limited set of controls intended to supplement or replace on-camera adjustments while recording under Wi-Fi control. It does not replace Panasonic’s own Image App for comprehensive remote control, configuration, or playback.
FieldMonitor has been developed with GH5, GH4, and LX100 camera. Compatibility with other cameras is not guaranteed.
iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
FieldMonitor is an independently-developed app, not a product of Panasonic or Teradek. Neither Panasonic nor Teradek is responsible for FieldMonitor’s performance, suitability, or fitness for purpose. Panasonic, GH5, GH4, and LX100 are trademarks of Panasonic. Teradek, Cube, Clip, VidiU, and Bolt are trademarks of Teradek, a Vitec Group Brand.
© 2017 Adam J. Wilt. Last updated 2014.04.20